Saturday, April 1, 2017

Elysian Cirrus Seafoam - Thin, soft, and great for all ages.

When Elysian first landed, I loved how soft and squish worthy it was. After a week of heavy use, I'm even more in love with the breathability, cushiness, and how well it does with bigger kids. Definitely softer than any other fispi I've tried. Very possibly the softest wrap I've ever touched at all - and I've touched a lot of wraps in the last few years. 
Check out how moldable and thin it looks on my arm!
So thin, but surprisingly cushy! 
This wraps like a more drape-y BBT,  So unique and nice.


Quite thin in hand, and surprisingly supportive. Airy, breathable, and perfect for the heat... while still having the "drape" I associate with some of the thicker blends. Think a thinner Enchanted Birch Trees, possibly a softer Bronze Birch Trees with a bit more drape.



I used this for a 5 month old for several days, and for babies it can't be beat. There was plenty of support and breathability, and we had a few 2+ hour naps with no complaints from my shoulders. The passes glide into place, and for having such a small knot it certainly holds well. I don't think I ever actually used a double knot, and it held perfectly well!

You should always double knot to finish wraps... Do as I say, not as I do!

 I didn't get a chance to wrap with my bigger boy for several days, so I wanted to wait to write a review until I got a chance to really work it through the paces. This morning we went on a muddy walk with daddy, who grabbed some pictures for us. Remy was reluctant to go up at first, but once he was up there he didn't want to come down for some time!




I was really quite pleased, it handled my 30lb toddler with absolutely no problem - I was more comfortable carrying him than I was expecting, and he ended up enjoying longer ups than he's  allowed for several weeks.



Now - I will say, I'm not usually a fan of natty wraps. Dryad Frost lived here and moved on twice despite the phenomenal wrap qualities. My husband doesn't like the looks of all white wraps, and I think they're a bit plain... This is entirely my personal opinion, and has nothing to do with natty wraps in general!

Preparing a hip carry that never happened. Sigh. Toddlers.


That said, I was so pleased to find that this doesn't fall into the same category for me. The contrast is higher in person than I've seen in pictures, and my husband said it looks like a creamy cup of coffee, maybe a foamy latte (Tam only assigns food items to wraps he likes, oddly enough).


The contrast is really nice, and the color is beautiful.



This poor thing has been dragged through parking lots, wrapped on rainy days, and even dealt with lunchtime without having any noticeable stains or marks. I honestly trust it as a beater after this last week of abuse, which is surprising for such a light colored wrap. I'm excited to test out this beauty during the summer months, I think it's going to be absolutely perfect for our little July baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment