Monday, February 6, 2017

Barnacle Aqua Seafoam Review and spam

So. My Husband stays pretty well involved in my wrap hobby. I make an effort to get his opinion on a wrap before I buy, because I figure he'll be the one seeing me in them the most, and I'd rather he think I look nice in them. He's the one who takes the pictures when we go out on our walks together, and he knows as much about Fispi as I do.

When I first showed him pictures of Barny, he HATED it. He said straight-faced that it looked like corrugated cardboard. I was so excited about the viscose, but he was completely against it. Just about broke my heart, but I braced myself and moved on. Surely there would be another viscose blend soon, and I'd just live without Barny in my life!

A local friend got a size 3 in the release, and after she'd honeymooned with it a while, I borrowed it for a bit - I was hooked. The glowing colors, the texture, the wrap qualities! I showed it to Tam, sure that in person, he would understand the majesty. He was a bit slow to warm, but after feeling how soft and interesting the texture was, he finally gave the green-light for me to start looking for one. After I returned Carly's to her, he actually said a few times that he missed it!

I was lucky enough to find a size 7 for sale on our side of the pond, and I snapped it up! It was still quite crunchy when it arrived, as the mom hadn't had it long. With a wash and a week of wear, it's absolutely soft and wonderful... Tam says that it's so comfortable to wrap our big boy with, it's made the list of his favorites now - as hard as that is to believe!
As far as a wrap review: Soft, squish-to-toddler worthy(absolutely, completely) and pretty quick to break in. Give it a few hours in the dryer with tennis balls if you don't have toddlers.




Medium-thin in hand, but wraps a bit thicker. So easy to wrap with, not a chore at all! Has the support of a heavy-blend wrap, without the weight. This will be a beautiful winter wrap, as well as a great spring-time wrap. The different sides are both gorgeous, and have a totally different feel from the other!

This is so nice in base, but rocks as a shorty as well. Grippy enough for a solid slip knot, and slides enough for passes. Fantastic all around wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment